Re: how can i set different crt for each of virtul host in apache?

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 12/28/01

From: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 02:02:54 GMT

<jfw@radiDELMEx.net> wrote in message news:a0fmj9$e4s$1@news1.Radix.Net...
> Richard E. Silverman <slade@shore.net> wrote:
>
> > 1) This newsgroup is about SSH, not SSL -- they have nothing to do with
> > one another.
>
> Is there an SSL newsgroup? I couldn't find one (just like there doesn't
> seem to be an Engligh language SAP newsgroup).
>
> Since crypto is CPU intensive, has anyone done any work on a (free?)
> multi-processing Linux implementation, where one of the processors is
dedicated
> to the crypto? Maybe just dedicated to the initial handshakes, where the
> client/server checks each other's identity.

There are certainly variants of the openssl libraries that support hardware
support for SSL, such as the Rainbow cards that are basically a 200 MHz CPU
dedicated entirely to SSL processing. They cost about $1000, too!

I suspect that in most cases you'd prefer simply to have a dual CPU system
and SMP kernel and let them fight it out for which does the encryption....

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSL Telnet
    ... You need to set up SSL on the server. ... encryption, the CPU has to do it. ... not a good idea if you are low on CPU and/or memory. ... involves math with very long integers. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: SSL and Performance
    ... the additional ssl overhead is going to depend on the size of your pages, ... and how mush cpu they take. ... ssl is handeled by iis. ... > Our Server is currently: ...
  • Re: Speed of OWA connectivity?
    ... > The thing that jumps out to me is the SSL overhead. ... However the CPU is steady around 3%! ... SSL terminates both at the ISA and the FE server. ... > then your SSL cost is doubled. ...