Re: how can i set different crt for each of virtul host in apache?

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 12/28/01

From: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 02:02:54 GMT

<jfw@radiDELMEx.net> wrote in message news:a0fmj9$e4s$1@news1.Radix.Net...
> Richard E. Silverman <slade@shore.net> wrote:
>
> > 1) This newsgroup is about SSH, not SSL -- they have nothing to do with
> > one another.
>
> Is there an SSL newsgroup? I couldn't find one (just like there doesn't
> seem to be an Engligh language SAP newsgroup).
>
> Since crypto is CPU intensive, has anyone done any work on a (free?)
> multi-processing Linux implementation, where one of the processors is
dedicated
> to the crypto? Maybe just dedicated to the initial handshakes, where the
> client/server checks each other's identity.

There are certainly variants of the openssl libraries that support hardware
support for SSL, such as the Rainbow cards that are basically a 200 MHz CPU
dedicated entirely to SSL processing. They cost about $1000, too!

I suspect that in most cases you'd prefer simply to have a dual CPU system
and SMP kernel and let them fight it out for which does the encryption....