Re: PPP over SSH

From: Maurice J Niessen (mjniessen@t-online.de)
Date: 12/18/01

From: "Maurice J Niessen" <mjniessen@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:35:08 +0100

"Atro Tossavainen" <Atro.Tossavainen@iki.fi.invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:pgzpu5cke12.fsf@kruuna.Helsinki.FI...
> "CAJ" <nospam.carl.joslin@mailcity.com> writes:
>
> > I have been reading that PPP can be placed over SSH to produce a VPN.
>
> Look at <URL:http://www.inka.de/~bigred/devel/cipe.html> instead.

...and http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/sw/ssh-ppp-new.txt might be
interesting.

Greetings

Maurice

Relevant Pages

  • PPP over SSH
    ... I have been reading that PPP can be placed over SSH to produce a VPN. ... Could some one explain how to set up a client for this on a win98 mersheen ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: PPP over SSH
    ... Maurice J Niessen wrote: ... >>> I have been reading that PPP can be placed over SSH to produce a VPN. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: IPSec VPN into XP Pro
    ... This page has more information concerning the XP VPN... ... As far as SSH is concerned, I just think its a whole lot easier for home users like myself to setup ... a few consumer grade routers and the problems encountered getting a PPTP tunnel through them... ... > tunnel and set up secure redirections via command line. ...
  • RE: Openvpn and ssh
    ... the encryption strength of a particular SSH version ... my be more or less than any specific VPN implementation. ... > management education and the case study affords you unmatched ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Relationship SSH <-> VPN ??
    ... I'm not sure whether you're most probably referring to *SSL* vs. VPN, ... and not SSH. ... A Virtual Private Network, VPN, is a secure "network" built on top of ...
    (comp.security.misc)