Re: OpenSSH and Pam Problem

From: Markus Friedl (msfriedl@cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de)
Date: 12/17/01

From: msfriedl@cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Markus Friedl)
Date: 17 Dec 2001 11:29:02 GMT

In <slrna1qpnp.anb.hokan@sauk.me.umn.edu> Hokan <hokan@me.umn.edu> writes:

>On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:20:48 GMT, Ian Scott <ian@pairowoodies.com> wrote:
>> I've been using SSHD2 (free non commercial version) without any
>> problem. I recently decided to try OpenSSH. The installation went
>> along smoothly, I copied contrib/redhat/whaterver the name of the file
>> to /etc/pam.d/sshd.
>>
>> I still cannt get password authorization. Any one else have this
>> problem and have a solution?

>AFIK OpenBSD does not support PAM.

... but OpenSSH does.

-m

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OpenSSH and Pam Problem
    ... > I've been using SSHD2 without any ... I recently decided to try OpenSSH. ... The installation went ... I copied contrib/redhat/whaterver the name of the file ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: installing openssh on AIX 5.2
    ... so the fix did not download. ... >> and also verify that the openssh installation was successfully ... > The smit log reports success for all 5 parts of openssh client & server, ... > this commands lists only the ssh software. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • OpenSSH on Solaris
    ... encrypted sessions. ... posts), these problems have been fixed in the more recent versions. ... The installation spans multiple disks (file systems have their disk, ... I have tried OpenSSH version 2.9p2 and 3.0.2p1. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • OpenSSH in SuSE 9.0
    ... Are there any experts for OpenSSH out there? ... I installed SuSE's OpenSSH with YaST2 but the main sshd process runs as ... this fork runs as root again. ... And looking in SuSE's original installation reveals nothing. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: error when install ssh in solaris 8
    ... the SSH secure shell system - installs in /usr/local. ... installation of the packages openssl-0.9.7g (do not use the older ... You MUST read the OpenSSH installation page ...
    (SunManagers)