Re: Which is more secure: wireless connection versus ethernet?

On 2011-12-13, Barry Margolin <barmar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <0BBFq.481$SP1.157@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Thor Kottelin" <thor@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

"A. Deguza" <deguza@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:23888bc9-90e9-4a63-b391-68dfee867d38@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A friend told ne that I do have to worry about security on modern wi-
fi.

Vulnerabilities in WLAN technology have been found over the years.
Similarly, what is now considered modern may become obsolete as research
continues. If you use Ethernet rather than a WLAN, someone may be able to
sniff your traffic off the wire instead, but this may be easier to prevent
and detect.

Wouldn't they need physical access to your home to sniff the Ethernet?

Nope. If you are cable, then apparently your traffic is open to anyone
else on that cable as well. One of the advantages, I suppose, of ADSL
over cable. (Here in vancouver, bad service seems to be another
"advantage" of ADSL).

.