Web expert on his 'catastrophe' key for the internet

A British computer expert has been entrusted with part of a digital
key, to help restart the internet in the event of a major
catastrophe.

Paul Kane talked to Eddie Mair on Radio 4's PM programme about what he
might be called upon to do in the event of an international online
emergency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10781240

  • Re: Timely idea?
    ... I wonder what sort of catastrophe ... > would result in the Internet going down. ... >> nationwide or hemisphere wide event, etc), and traditional ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Timely idea?
    ... I wonder what sort of catastrophe ... Now I understand that there is a parallel system out there - Internet 2 ... > nationwide or hemisphere wide event, etc), and traditional ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)