SOCA to be replaced by National Crime Agency (NCA)
- From: "andrew.wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <andrew.wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 22:46:34 -0700 (PDT)
The Government has drawn up plans to introduce a new FBI-style police
force to tackle the rising threat of organised crime gangs and beef up
Home Secretary Theresa May is expected to unveil details of the
National Crime Agency (NCA) tomorrow.
The NCA will replace the Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca), which
Labour launched in a blaze of publicity in 2006. Soca has been
criticised for failing to recover the proceeds of organised crime.
- Prev by Date: North Korea conflict with US and South Korea could spark cyber war
- Next by Date: Pwnie Awards 2010 should be condemned by the security community
- Previous by thread: North Korea conflict with US and South Korea could spark cyber war
- Next by thread: Pwnie Awards 2010 should be condemned by the security community