Re: Security

In article <afef8295-fd1f-4bcb-a822-2cca18f14675
@z3g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, albert.xtheunknown0@xxxxxxxxx says...

I've just installed XP and need to surf the web. Do I need to install
anything?

Why are you starting another thread?

Trust yourself.
spam999free@xxxxxxxxxx (remove 999 for proper email address)

  • Re: Connection to a SAMBA Active Directory
    ... Currently, we can't get the 2-way trust going, so there's no connection ... I would then install Outlook 2003 on each desktop (which is on a computer in ... When the user initally launches Outlook, Exchange would ... I am able to define a 2 way Realm trust using the Active Directory ...
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] XCP2 v XCP - more than sony at fault?
    ... The trust thing is paramount in this. ... >>requires administrator privileges to install. ... > information technology industry and security. ... > Most normal users will still double-click on the CD to execute the content. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: SBS 2003 to SBS 2003 Migration
    ... If the problems in the install would allow you to move ... Alternately, (basically, if you don't trust the AD and don't think you can ... the old server to the new. ... articles for upgrading from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003 but nothing for an SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Do I really need firewall? A newbies question
    ... > - a good software firewall on the box ... If you trust the NAT implementation ... ... Nothing more to be done than 'trust the implemtation'. ... Install security patches as soon as possible. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Which certificate do I have to deploy ? Root CA or Subordinate CA certificate ?
    ... I have understood too that if I install the Root CA cert, I will trust ... every subordinate CA even if I dont have their certificates installed. ... But my question is "why does Microsoft recommend to install the root CA ...