Re: Preventing Software Piracy ???

Peter Olcott wrote:

I think that there may be a way to apply uncrackable PGP encryption to copy protection so that the copy protection becomes uncrackable. Certainly if the whole application only ran on the dongle, this would work.

PGP uses the same sorts of algorithm as SSL. It is not a one time pad system, so it is crackable. It may take unreasonably long on current hardware, so a real attack would simply look for a weaker link.

  • Re: Looking for information on dongle checks
    ... was used to decrypt the in-memory portions on-the-fly. ... determining the encryption algorithm, etc), which would take a month or two. ... presumably encrypted) application, no dongle, and require that it be ... Samplitude and Sequoia supposedly use Wibu's protection and have both been ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: Encryption of application configuration block
    ... your main concern is about applying encryption ... protection for your client application ... I've performed some research on the new config protection feature in .net ... For creating and exporting/importing RSA key and programmatically encrypt ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Password protecting?
    ... Something really secure? ... > so to provide any level of protection for your data, ... Now most likely, NTFS ... > encryption, which is pretty simple to implement, will be good ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: PKI confusion...
    ... tool for software license protection! ... Encryption provides us with provably secure way of reducing the problem ... Software license protection has exactly opposite goal - to spread ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Quick question on email security- I get that creepy feeling.
    ... Email, even using encryption, offers no such protection. ... -- that way everybody will ignore it except the intended recipient ... there probably isn't much systematic monitoring except by ...
    (comp.security.misc)