Re: Strong Encryption

Did you mean PGP?

"Todd H." <comphelp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:847i0jzfdz8463g3zfdz__844ovnzfdz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Torbjörn Svensson Diaz <tobito85@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi, all!

What program is best for real strong encryption? I'd especially like a
program where I can set the key length at any number I wish.

gpg?

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

  • Re: PGP vs. GPG...whats the verdict?
    ... >> I know that PGP uses a patented encryption algorithm and GPG does not, ... Not any evidence of use or that it had ever been ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: PGP vs. GPG...whats the verdict?
    ... > I know that PGP uses a patented encryption algorithm and GPG does not, ... So there is reason to believe that the court drew a broad ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Pgp in Kmail of Suse 9.0
    ... Well, basically, GPG, the Gnu Privacy Guard, is an implementation of ... OpenPGP, a standard for encryption based on PGP, Pretty Good Privacy, as ... GPG and most other PGP ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Data Encryption Product Limits: 300 Datasets per month
    ... Encryption Facility, FDRCrypt, Megacryption, PGP, GPG, Techtia, etc. ... Then in general if you exchange files with any US Government agency, ... cost product (also supports PGP and GPG). ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Cross-Platform Applications
    ... >> of getting a commandline openssl encryption of Windows machiens I ... I want to use PGP or GPG, but thought this was for email and also ...
    (comp.security.misc)