Re: Gmail security?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:52:51 -0500, Bear Bottoms wrote:

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:44:18 GMT, The Doctor wrote:

Hi all,

I had an interesting situation where for three in 2 days I got a message
from gmail saying that I was locked out of my account. I was using chrome
to access it at home and Firefox 3 from work. Yesterday I saw a message
saying that I have purchased a piece of computer equipment from an online
computer store which I didn't. I rang the store and computer equipment
was picked up by someone over 100km from me. So obviously someone has gain
access to my gmail. I thought I had a secure password. Any idea?

I'll ask around and see who stolen it.

OK nobody admitted to it and such.
--
Bear Bottoms
Private Attorney General

  • Re: Gmail security?
    ... from gmail saying that I was locked out of my account. ... saying that I have purchased a piece of computer equipment from an online ... Cancel your Gmail account. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Gmail security?
    ... from gmail saying that I was locked out of my account. ... saying that I have purchased a piece of computer equipment from an online ... computer store which I didn't. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Gmail security?
    ... from gmail saying that I was locked out of my account. ... saying that I have purchased a piece of computer equipment from an online ... computer store which I didn't. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Gmail security?
    ... message from gmail saying that I was locked out of my account. ... So obviously someone has gain access to my gmail. ... Cancel your Gmail account. ... I have received spam ...
    (comp.security.misc)