Denial of service - locahost?

How would I attack my own computer with ping?

I tried:

ping -n 25 -w 120000 -l 67000 localhost

but it didnt like it (wont take anything over 65500 for length)

Cheers

-Al

  • RE: ICMP (Ping)
    ... No determining a target based upon hatred or zero day exploits. ... As far as the ping sweep stuff, to be honest, I wouldn't ever have ... How you assume they will attack the network or probe ... Almost all scanners and worms even, will hit the range of IPs and not ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Kerio, Logs & Alerts, Intrusions QUESTION please
    ... ICMP Ping is network traffic sent to your machine by another machine over ... The PING of Death Attack is an attack upon your machine where 1,000 upon ... You should be able to set rules with Kerio to stop ICMP traffic, ... the NAT router. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: ICMP (Ping)
    ... So blocking ICMP is just a assurance that some of the hackers ... If they are going to attack you randomly, ... > as not going to change because you don't reply to ping requests. ... > No, they'd probe for vulnerabilities by domain or IP, the ping response ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • AW: ICMP (Ping)
    ... > someone's going to randomly probe for IP's to just randomly attack. ... radar if someone is just ping sweeping net blocks. ... > annoyed at how many hosts do not respond to ICMP echo. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • FW: ICMP (Ping)
    ... Subject: ICMP (Ping) ... almost) running a port scan those that reply. ... Then they are running a vuln ... There is not an ATTACK ...
    (Security-Basics)