Re: How did they do that?

Unruh wrote:

VanguardLH <V@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Michelle wrote:

A few months back I found out that a friend of mine, whom I trusted
and allowed access to my wireless router and admin page, was spying on
my computer via some remote tool. How where they able to do this
without installing anything on my personal computer? It was almost as
though they had complete remote access even though I had disabled
remote access. I'm worried they are somehow doing it again because my
mouse has been jumping around. This was how I caught them last time.

And you know taht they did it how? Mouse jumping around is NOT evidence of
spying.
They could easily have put a user that they can log into, or gotten root
password.

Obviously you've never been the recipient of someone using Remote
Desktop Protocol, TeamViewer, or LogMeIn to remotely control your host
to see the mouse cursor moving around (RDP usually blanks the screen).
Obviously an outside cannot obtain remote access unless then can get
through the router, through any software firewall, and can connect to a
client running on the targeted host.

  • Re: How did they do that?
    ... and allowed access to my wireless router and admin page, ... my computer via some remote tool. ... I hope by now you realize the administrative password should be changed ... If you don't need to permit wireless access 24/7, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: My Network Places
    ... I have a Linksys G SRX200 Wireless Router on my main computer. ... PC, desktop version, incorporates the Linksys G SRX200 Wireless Adapter. ... can access files from the main computer to my remote. ... click My Network Places, it will not open 99% of the time. ...
  • Re: Digital box connection
    ... No Nigel, thats not the case, everything goes great until setting up the MCE ... remote, I just thought of something, could it be my wireless router ... I cannot change channel on the freeview box using the MCE remote after ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Remote Desktop Crashes Computer on connect
    ... How was you internet connection set up before the wireless router was ... >I have been using Remote Desktop connection from my home ...
  • Administration ?
    ... I have a pc and recently installed a wireless router so a remote pc in our ... house could access the web. ... Foolishly I started pressing buttons and now I ...