Disk Encryption with TrueCrypt and Backups

Most companies these days are using disk encryption on their laptops. I
am planning to use TrueCrypt for my laptop. The question I have now is
about backups and the system restore procedures.

I do my backups to an external disk and am assuming that the complete
system backup is also going to be an encrypted image. My main concern
is about the restore session. If I do have to restore my laptop from
the backup, then how does the disk encryption crypto tools such as
TrueCrypt work?

Thank you in advance for any information.

NJ

  • Re: URGENT: Disk encryption "cold boot attacks" looks to be significant - Real attack shown.
    ... Microsoft Bitlocker, TrueCrypt, and other mainline disk encryption ...     BEFORE any type of boot or BIOS configuration change is possible. ...     (As mentioned in the article, if your laptop is capable of taking ... One uses full disk encryption and the only condition by which one ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: simple solution!
    ... With proper backups EFS starts to look a whole lot safer. ... >outbound connections except the ones you want to secure. ... laptop a static IP ... >You'll want to add some sort of encryption to your ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: simple solution!
    ... >With proper backups EFS starts to look a whole lot safer. ... >There are some excellent over the wire secure backup ... >laptop a static IP ... >>You'll want to add some sort of encryption to your ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: simple solution!
    ... >With proper backups EFS starts to look a whole lot safer. ... >There are some excellent over the wire secure backup ... >laptop a static IP ... >>You'll want to add some sort of encryption to your ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Upgrading to MC218
    ... The laptop runs Windoze 98 and I use it mostly for Psion ... backups. ...
    (comp.sys.psion.misc)