Re: Help me,my computer maybe at risk with some trojan.

On Apr 10, 8:10 pm, "Sebastian G." <se...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Olicaca wrote:
Why don't teach me how to check if a trojan stay on ur computer instead of reasoning

Simply said, since I make sure there're no point to hook into, any malicious
software would have to appear as a separate process in the process list.
That's trivial to check.

 > argueing, about the reason of bug on the PC..?

Well, that's the reason why I suggest to create an disk image of the
compromised system. Later on you may start analyzing what malware it is and
which security hole was exploited. It's pretty unlikely that it wasn't a
configuration or random problem, which is unlikely to occur again. You don't
have to the put the system online either.

 > You really think antivirus can check out all trojan huh?

No. Analysis are normally conducted with serious tools.

 > Do you hear that if you have trojan on source setup than it quite

pass anti-shitwares check??

Well, that's pretty trivial.

I'm acquainted with some friend and he declares that,if he write a
trojan then no antivirus can detect, because his is not destroy
anything and...

Well, although this is generally possible, the argument is bogus. The real
argument is that one can create malware that modifies itself in a way such
that no L0, L1 or L2 pattern signature could match it in every fashion, and
not even behaviour anaylsis would conclude anything.

 > Virus and worm is easy to detect but trojan is not,specially it

is the economic war.

They're only detectable by their defined behaviour, that is a virus does
modify other executables, and a worm modifies the behaviour of server processes.

 > You say manything and about bandwidth but i need u teach how to detect

trojan,bandwidth is no problem.

What I said is that bandwidth is a valueable resource that is definitely in
the interest of the attacker.

 > Could you help?

How many more times do I have to ask you if you have flattened and rebuild
the system? Bring it back to a well-defined state first, since this is the
only reliable way to recover from a compromise.

 > Ah,if you want teach me

then please use English in the simple grammar,hornestly i'm idiotic in
English maybe and i must try so much to understand.It is real(coz my
country not use English and not join with the World soon).

"coz" is obviously not an English word.

Ok,now we begin have the common voice.I reinstall OS and creat backup
image but nothing resolved.Because right here,most of us use
unofficial CD to install OS.I just want check my resource.So let help
me check hooked module and handle...,really i don't know how to check
it,and the open port too.I want get some files to send out to
analysis.If my CD is dirty then certainly i will buy one but first
must bring everything to light.Could u help?Ok,and notice that i'm a
home user,not a networking man,so i was wrong when didnt read the
"about this group".Maybe you not a security agent to treat malware :
((.Maybe i will go to bitdefenden forum better use google group.Bye
bye.
"Coz" = because and "brb"=be right back ja.I'm just using familiar
chatting English,not know formal language,forgive me.

  • Re: What is this, (TR/Dldr.small.cml.7)
    ... I can find no info (in English) on the web; ... TR - trojan ... Dldr - downloader ... It might be a false positive declaration of that malware - or not. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: sudo without password
    ... malware problem hits Linux in a big way. ... trojan does get through. ... This is not a second line of defense, it's just some kind of intrusion ... People should know that it may be dangerous to install stuff from ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: E-mail virus stuff killing my office
    ... >keep getting hit by these stupid e-mail worms, trojan horses, etc. ... and *every* new malware has a "Day Zero" ... Don't send attachments unless you need to, and if you do, describe ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Equipment Questions - Modem/Router
    ... and notifies you of any program that tries to install itself so that it ... will start when Windows starts (which most malware does). ... BTW, in my remote area, they are the only ISP provider. ... But I found out I may have gotten a Trojan Horse from a site I trusted. ...
  • Trojan Freezes Computer, Demands Ransom
    ... A new kind of malware circulating on the Internet freezes a computer ... A sample of the Trojan horse virus was sent to Sophos, ... vendor, said Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant. ...
    (soc.culture.vietnamese)