Re: Secure file transfer

"Sebastian G." <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Gerald Vogt wrote:

On Dec 18, 3:34 am, "Sebastian G." <se...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unruh wrote:
SSL. SSH/SFTP only protects the data transfer channel, not the command channel.
No idea what you are talking about. ssh encrypts everything passing between
the two computers.
We're talking about SFTP, which is a variant how to use SSH to secure the
FTP protocol. In the SFTP setup, the protection by SSH is only applied to
the data transfer channel.

Do you have any URL to some documentation of this "SFTP" protocol?

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol#FTP_over_SSH>

Which clearly states that "FTP_over_SSH" is NOT sftp:

"Other methods of transferring files using SSH that are not
related to FTP include SFTP and SCP"

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.
.