Re: Out of the Pond

In article <c3j8i.255577$6m4.14092@pd7urf1no>,
Walter Roberson <roberson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

but our network uptime was twice the national average for "well
managed network facilities",

Re-reading, I see that that would likely be interpreted fairly
differently that what I was thinking at the time I wrote it.

I wrote that our network uptime was twice a particular average;
what I should more properly have said was that our network downtime
was half of that particular average. Considering that reducing downtime
gets exponentially harder as you improve, my use of "twice" was
pretty meaningless. :(

  • Re: Wireless Connection Issues
    ... Apparently your neighbors were happy to use your dialup bandwidth, ... but in reality is faster than twice. ... network by allowing only certain IP's access? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Wireless Connection Randomly Drops
    ...  we have them connected to our network ...  But once or twice a day all connected ...  do you think we need to purchase ... more 'business like' access points? ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: DNS Not Working
    ... your DHCP server. ... Check the obvious - cables, bad network card, etc. ... > previous users of this system can logon since the system is using cached ... I have ran the Windows 2000 repair process twice, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: BT broadband sometimes slow at looking up websites
    ... quite a lot with google- I often have to load ... > it twice, second time no problem. ... obviously a network issue. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Why has American TV not expanded into Canada or Europe?
    ... reason to create NBC-Canada, is there? ... I can watch all the major networks from Boston and Seattle - so all primetime shows are broadcast at least twice a night. ... I was told a few years ago that you can't get east and west network feeds in the US. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)