Should my PC be sending and receiving data onto/from the internet on its own?
- From: admyc <admyc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 26 Apr 2007 13:59:08 -0700
I think I might have some sort of mal-ware on my computer. The reason
for this is that my anti-virus software (AVG free 7) has recently
found and deleted (I think) some viruses all of which had 'Trojan
horse downloader' in part of their name and since then my MSIE6
browser has been slightly odd, for example when I click on its icon to
launch MSIE6 and my computer connects to the internet over its dial-up
connection the MSIE browser window takes a lot longer to appear then
it used to.
But my real concern and question is that I have noticed, when I look
at my Internet connection status dialogue box, that data is being sent
even though I have only one web-page up and it has long since finished
downloading, is this a sign of mal-ware that is sending info and or
files from my computer to another computer over my internet connection
or could it be some innocent process going on in the background?
Any help very much appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Can SSL sessions be compromised?
- Next by Date: IPSEC Question
- Previous by thread: Changes in setup/configuration for VPN and IPSec??
- Next by thread: Re: Should my PC be sending and receiving data onto/from the internet on its own?