Re: Host File Question

In article <DmLFh.2152$tv6.1232@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Bgreer5050 <bgreer5050@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a way to use wild cards with the host file? I want to use the host
file to prevent internet access by having the user automatically directed to
a specific internal ip address no matter what url he puts in.

If you are talking about the Windows LMHOSTS or unix /etc/hosts
then the answer is NO.

But in this newsgroup, you could be talking about any of 193
incredibly obscure host files, so the best we can answer is,
"Could you be more specific about the equipment and software
version?"

  • Re: Very quiet lately
    ... Or perhaps there are no internet access points in his cell. ... Does it matter? ... Do we still have a chat room for this group pleasse? ...
    (uk.people.disability)
  • Re: OSX share? Not 23% or 13%
    ... matter. ... No factor out the poorer areas of the world where internet access is ... financial transactions (eg, "wiring" money home to relatives, etc). ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: WRT54G Firmware Upgrade
    ... access to my laptop files no matter what I try. ... Internet access is OK, ... all firewalls have been turned off etc .. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: (OT) ish. google groups
    ... for internet access, but I don't between 5pm& midnight. ... being dead is a bit of a bummer. ... It wouldn't matter which usenet provider I use, paid for or free, it'd ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Legal/technical advice on file sharing lodger please
    ... it wouldn't even matter if they don't find anything after 6 ... months on bail - his life will be ruined. ... Stop his internet access now! ...
    (uk.legal)