Re: FYI: Avira reacted about "Shutdown Windows' servers" as malware

Leythos <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[deleted]

When I read a post that is biased, stating that the big bad guys are
going after me, I look for unbiased confirmation - nothing in his post,
and nothing in this entire thread indicates that the AV vendors are
going after the coder (VB), only a threat capable program. I would not
believe anyone posting in Usenet/Blocks about an injustice I could not
verify myself, only a fool would.

What you fail to understand/accept is that you *cannot* have read such
a post for the simple reason that it was never written.

The personal vendetta scenario, like the "Why was VB's code detected
as malware?" (non-)question, only exist in your head. They were never
written by any of us (TINU) and simply are non-issues.

So to make it simple for you:

- We don't think anyone is going after VB, i.e. no personal vendetta.

- We don't care why VB's codes are detected. We only care *that* they
are detected and think that they should have been whitelisted (by the
AV 'vendors') or not detected (because, as the AV vendors should have
determined, neither *is* malware).

- We don't care that you think they should be detected (and not
whitelisted). I.e. we disagree with your opinion.

Got it now? Any questions?

[deleted]

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Antivirus vendor conspiracy theories
    ... whereas AV have typically looked at Viruses ... A/V vendors do their job of fighting the viruses and related worms well, ... > FW/AV doesn't protect well against current malware. ... failures of the active components, but do not acively participate in the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Nasty propaganda by "security tool" providers
    ... The reason, why this is done, should be obvious. ... consider it a risk. ... Did all 21 vendors decided to go after VB personally, ... as malware, and that theirs should be corrected. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • [Full-disclosure] No one else seeing the new MS05-039 worm yet?
    ... and other AV vendors have had code since then, ... One can use other utilities to kill running malware processes. ... Symantec may report as Bobax.Z@mm and/or W32.HLLW.Nebiwo. ... cleanup actions complete. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Nasty propaganda by "security tool" providers
    ... malware and how they got excluded. ... to the anti-malware vendors BEFORE he released it, ... you agree that it's the AV vendors responsibility to contact the author/ ... Innocent until proven guilty? ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Nasty propaganda by "security tool" providers
    ... malware and how they got excluded. ... to the anti-malware vendors BEFORE he released it, ... thread, think your opinion is wrong, as it is blaming the victim. ... Much like I don't suspect other OS specific software as malware. ...
    (comp.security.misc)