Re: FYI: Avira reacted about "Shutdown Windows' servers" as malware

Leythos <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <44d7a142$0$14826$dbd4b001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
this@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...

There's no point. It's no so much the translation, but your
interpretation of the translation. I.e. you are apparently unwilling to
accept that it actually says what VB says it says. I.e. it's just
another refusal to accept information which does not suit your agenda.

I'm quite willing to accept that the translation is wrong, that's why I
did two different G>E engines to see what they would come out with. Both
came out with the same meaning. I already asked for anyone to provide a
better translation I could check.

You missed his point. A computer cannot properly translate one language
to the other with all the idiom and intent of the original language. It
can tell you that word A means B according to its dictionary, but it
cannot deal with the intricacies of a language. For example, there is
a phrase in Spanish that when directly translated would say "He's a good
egg" when what is really meant is "He's a good man". This is why there
are still professional human translators in this day and age. "Lost in
translation" is not just a saying when it comes to computer translations.

  • Re: Another Sterling Massachusetts Alum
    ... They have been trying to develop a translation ... Do you mean LANGUAGE departments? ... departments were both cut and courses. ... Linguistics (as Columbia eliminated the department pretty much in the ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • ISO 9001 Certified Multilingual Solutions - Translation and Localization of Technical Documentat
    ... DOCUMENTATION AND SOFTWARE LOCALIZATION - TERMINOLOGY DATABASES - ... ALPHATRAD is among the leading suppliers of multilingual translation ... Our translators and interpreters are language graduates, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Documentation of kernel messages (Summary)
    ... somebody's willing to do the translation work, ... documentation and become kernel hacker. ... commented in native language for common problems ... language maintainer for help, or there will be too much for the language ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Godels comments about the "true reason" for incompleteness
    ... where P and Q are arbitrary) into the language ... variables) into a first-order language via translation, ... (e.g via Godel's translation procedure). ... There is no such thing as *a* tautology as far as ...
    (sci.logic)
  • Re: Can Christian Electronic Designers Design?
    ... The original language of the bible used a vocabulary of about 50000 ... Further the most commonly used bible translation used in this kind of ... This is not a gang of 13 year old kids who were still ... The "bald head" belonged to the prophet Elisha, the prophet of Israel, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)