Re: Secure RDP connection from outside the network

Matt <matthewsatkins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need to setup a secure
connection to a Windows 2003 Server using RDP from outside the network.

Maybe, then you should implement an encrypted VPN or at least an SSH
tunnel.

Yours,
VB.
--
"Alles gehört allen, nur meins gehört mir."

Patricia Bednar über Kommunismus

  • Re: RDP to internal client machine?
    ... Have the router successfully setup to allow VPN to the server, some other activites and can successfully RDP to the server When needed, i've been able to then RDP to other computers within the network, but then comes very slow and uses up one of the RDP connections on the server ... I'm attempting to get a straight RDP connection to ONE of the client machines within the network I don't need it on all but just this one specific computer ... Will my desired setup even work at any point on this SBS setup? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RDP to internal client machine?
    ... Have the router successfully setup to allow VPN to the server, ... to then RDP to other computers within the network, ... machines within the network I ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RDP to internal client machine?
    ... Have the router successfully setup to allow VPN to the server, ... activites and can successfully RDP to the ... I'm attempting to get a straight RDP connection to ONE of the client ... machines within the network ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RDP Connections - Freeze or Reconnect
    ... You mentioned seeing a red X on the server's network connection in an earlier post. ... I assume you are referring to the NIC connection object on the server. ... I say several ports away because in some cases adjacent switch ports will share the same part. ... Lan users connect directly to internal IP of server through RDP. ...