Re: (Where) should I report breakin attempts?
- From: Volker Birk <bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 8 Jun 2006 09:31:57 +0200
In comp.security.misc Mark Rafn <dagon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Say you're using portaputty from a USB dongle: a keystroke grabber might get
your key passphrase and everything you type during your session, including
your password if you used sudo or the root password if you used su.
This is why your system has to be reliable. Booting from a trusted RO
media and encrypting your hard disk helps here. Then only hardware based
attacks are left.
"If you want to play with a piece of windows software that makes you
click all over the place, there's always minesweeper."
Kyle Stedman about "Personal Firewalls" in c.s.f
- Prev by Date: Re: Weird emails with only numbers spoofed to self
- Next by Date: Re: Weird emails with only numbers spoofed to self
- Previous by thread: SQL Injection Attacks by Example
- Next by thread: howto: openssl and sslserver