Re: Continous portscan from DoD Network Information Center

"nifty" <ma_to@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm getting hammered numerous times from DoD Network Information
Center, why?
They portscan my ports as low as (UDP) 1025 to 1035 continously.
I'd greatly appreciate if somebody know'd the reason :)

First: if its UDP then it may not be DoD :P

  • Re: UDP-Portscan ISA Firewall
    ... > i should test a ISA Firewall for a customer. ... Therefore i make a portscan ... > open for DNS resolution) the scanner shows me that all UDP ports are ... In ISA Logs i see that the firewall has blocked all UDP Ports ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Continous portscan from DoD Network Information Center
    ... I'm getting hammered numerous times from DoD Network Information ... They portscan my ports as low as (UDP) 1025 to 1035 continously. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Ping works, traceroute doesnt
    ... >> ICMP works but UDP doesn't? ... > There are plenty of reason for which a traceroute might not display ... I have had to have a bit of a fight with firewall admins in the past to ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Custom Protocol
    ... If I read their material correctly, UDT is based completely on UDP so ... Is there any particular reason you want to do ... Ruby rather than just wrapping a C or Java implementation? ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: UDP Packet are lost
    ... there's no reason it would not receive UDP packets. ... disabled mibiisa on your Sun, as it receives SNMP messages. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)