Re: CD copy protection

From: Walter Roberson (roberson_at_ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: 11/15/05

Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:36:44 +0000 (UTC)

In article <1h62sj8.hjkfdt19veo4zN%benoit.sansspam@leraillez.sansspam.com>,
Benoit Leraillez <benoit.sansspam@leraillez.sansspam.com> wrote:
>Walter Roberson <roberson@ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:

>> - any Digital Rights Management scheme, including Sony's
>> (doesn't prevent the CD from being copied -- at *most* prevents
>> the information on the copied CD from being useful.)

> On a machine running Windows, but if it's running Mac OS X, Linux or
>any other Unix system (plus many other)...

That's why I wrote "at *most*". Besides the tricks of previous DRM
schemes such as holding down the shift key.

--
I am spammed, therefore I am.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Word 2004 freezing on launch in Tiger--HOLDING DOWN SHIFT KEY ON LAUNCH WORKS!!
    ... and also prevents your Normal template from loading. ... In Entourage 2004 holding down shift key disables schedules from running ... tries to download a corrupt message, causing a crash or freeze, you can ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Login Password ??
    ... I'll try holding down ... the shift key as the machine starts to see if this takes ... In Windows XP Home ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: "Entourage has encountered a problem and needs to close..."
    ... My Entourage fails each time I try to launch it. ... Holding down the shift key while launching does not work. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: AllowBypassKey in Access project
    ... holding down the Shift key when opening an Access project? ... For an Access project, you apply security in SQL Server or MSDE to ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Accessing custom toolbar
    ... All of the things to hide, and setup what menu bars, ... complete hide the ms-access interface, and not have to both with security, ... You can by-bass the start up options by holding down the shift key during ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)