Re: how to fix the sound issue

From: Orges Balla (oballa_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/24/05

Date: 24 Oct 2005 13:48:25 -0700

Amanda

Maybe the software from Kodak does inlcude some sort of multimedia
capability. Also possible can be the fact that u might have updated the
sound card drivers. Try to roll back the driver update, it might work
also (it worked for me yesterday when i was setting up a friend's pc).
Go to Start -> Run -> Devmgmt.msc and press Enter. There check for the
properties of the drivers of your sound card and roll back updates if
possible.

As for Ace Codec Pack, that is for video codecs and some rare audio
codecs to play movies, clips etc. If you might have problems with the
sound card drivers, installing Ace Codec Pack won't help for basic
sound.

Best

Relevant Pages

  • Re: frequent reboots
    ... Reinstall your sound card drivers. ... Windows Update. ... The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; ...
  • Re: DMA Transfer problem
    ... and as far as i know, this ADC card involves a lot of register writings for the counter ICs that help configuring the clock speed for the DMA transfer.... ... Sound cards also set "period" sizes, so that once enough samples have been captured by the sound card hardware, the hardware initiates a DMA transfer. ... All the rest, IRQ, start/stop are handled but the current ALSA sound card drivers. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Yamaha DGX-205 Keyboard & Linux usb-midi
    ... my sound card drivers no longer load. ... I can now interact with the keyboard. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Full volume when fast forward
    ... You are using old sound card drivers for your Creative sound card. ... (speaking for myself and doing this in my free time) ... > When moving the position slider in Windows Media Player, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)