Re: Signs and symptoms?

From: Todd H. (comphelp_at_toddh.net)
Date: 10/14/05

Date: 14 Oct 2005 09:57:37 -0500

"Swelp" <christopher.r.cox@gmail.com> writes:
> I run a small commercial internet network for my Unit in Iraq. I was
> just wondering if anyone had any ideas for tips that I can give the
> users to indicate that they might be being hacked into. I made sure
> they all have firewalls, but other than the popup messages, what are
> some good indications that an attack is in progress?

You'll want to investigate network-based Intrusion Detection Systems
(IDS).

Shimming a linux box with 2 NIC's in between your hardware firewall
appliance (you have one don't you?) and your LAN that runs Snort is
one simple low cost way.

        http://www.snort.org/

When you say unit do you mean Army perchance?

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/