Re: Security

From: Nospam (nospam_at_nospam.com)
Date: 10/12/05

Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:33:15 -0500

On 10/12/2005 1:50 PM, John Navas wrote:
> [POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <6tgqk1d2mus3gg7qe56vcllerbf0l7o3k2@4ax.com> on Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:20:14
> -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:22:22 -0500, Nospam <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> [snip]

>>> I found this https://www.winguides.com/security/password.php. Any
>>> opinions on whether this generator can be trusted?
>> Well, they're in Australia so I don't think they'll be sniffing your
>> wireless traffic from that far away. There's always the danger that
>> they're capturing the generated keys and posting them to hacker web
>> sites or perhaps building dictionary lookup lists. It's also possible
>> that the generated keys are not truely random and have some type of
>> hidden pattern that makes them easy to detect and decode. You
>> evaluate the risks based on your potential exposure.
>>
>> Incidentally, Winguides is PcTools.com. I've used various PC Tools
>> products for many years and highly recommend both the products and the
>> company.
>
> Firefox reports that the issuer of the certificate for that site cannot be
> verified, a matter of concern, especially when the objective is security.

That's one of the reasons I asked about trust (I use Firefox too).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security
    ... >opinions on whether this generator can be trusted? ... they're in Australia so I don't think they'll be sniffing your ... they're capturing the generated keys and posting them to hacker web ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Security
    ... >>opinions on whether this generator can be trusted? ... they're in Australia so I don't think they'll be sniffing your ... >they're capturing the generated keys and posting them to hacker web ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Seriously considering LOTR On line
    ... We have actually ordered the game through Codemasters to have them cancel the order with an email saying "sorry we do not support australia and pls try the US version from Turbine". ... We have all broughtboth codemasters pre-pack keys from Codemasters and US version key from Gamespot and are waiting to see which will allow us to do what we want. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Glow in Dark PC keys. Where to buy in Australia ??
    ... Glow in Dark PC keys. ... Where to buy in Australia ?? ... Want to mod my MX700 Keyboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Glow in Dark PC keys. Where to buy in Australia ??
    ... Glow in Dark PC keys. ... Where to buy in Australia ?? ... Want to mod my MX700 Keyboard. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)