Re: Manufacturer installed keylogger

From: Alun Jones (alun_at_texis.invalid)
Date: 10/09/05

    Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 20:29:26 -0700

    "Thialfi" <thrasher@reece.net.au> wrote in message
    news:GPR9ME3C38634.2675578704@reece.net.au...
    >I don't personally have the expertise to determine whether this
    > article is credible.
    >
    > I'd be interested in you comments:
    >
    > http://www.infowars.com/articles/bb/gov_caught_installing_keystroke_loggers.htm

    Oh yes, infowars.com.

    I would start by mentioning that you should really take that site with a
    towering pillar, rather than just a pinch, of salt.

    Of course, that's because I'm an Englishman, and as the people at InfoWars
    will tell you, that makes me a foreign agent intent on overthrowing the
    order of things in the US, under orders from the Queen, who is personally in
    charge of the drug trade in the US.

    It's a boat-load of garbage.

    As usual with the rumours, your best bet to start with is Snopes. Sure
    enough, I go there and search for "Keylogger" and I find:

    http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/dellbug.asp

    Read and enjoy. Many of the other articles are even more amusing. Amazing
    what some people will believe.

    Alun.
    ~~~~