Re: Why do I need a software firewall?

From: Volker Birk (bumens_at_dingens.org)
Date: 09/30/05

Date: 30 Sep 2005 19:05:21 +0200

Todd H. <comphelp@toddh.net> wrote:
> Leythos <void@nowhere.lan> writes:
> > You are off base again VB.
> VB appears to be a troll. Or someone holding an extremely minority
> view in security.

Or an unusual view, but which is based on fact.

So I'm waiting for your arguments. Because you're assuming, that I'm maybe
a troll, I'm assuming, you have very good arguments why I should be wrong.

I'm waiting on your point of view. Let's start a discussion!

Yours,
VB.

--
MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor
einer Atombome. (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why do I need a software firewall?
    ... >> a troll, I'm assuming, you have very good arguments why I should be wrong. ... MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor ... (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Case Security Question
    ... What's up with pr0n? ... MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor ... (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Norton Internet Security 2005
    ... MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor ... (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ANYONE HELP WITH SHIELDS UP PROBLEM?
    ... But you don't need "Stealthing". ... MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor ... (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ZA Free and Generic Host Processor
    ... Why would svchost want to act as a server? ... MAC-Filtering bringt so viel Schutz vor "Hackern" wie Zeitungspapier vor ... (MAC filtering is protecting against "hackers" like newsprint ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)