Re: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services, Port 32729

From: Jim (me_at_privacy.net)
Date: 09/29/05

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:53:34 GMT

om.newsgroup@gmail.com wrote...
> 've made a change on my router.
> And now I'm getting the message from my firewall: "Generic Host Process
> for Win32 Services, Port 32729".
> There's several such messages that come up each with a different port.
>
> Is this an intrusion from a potential hacker?

It sounds like you already have a trojan.

> Should I block it forever?

You should remove the cause, not the symptom.

I don't think you should allow it use the high ports, but you will probably need
to allow Generic Host Process for Win32 Services through for DNS (port53) access
at a minimum.
Could it be automatic updates? What IP is it accessing?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... So if 3389 needs forwarded on the client end too then that is what the ... Hopefully next week I can attempt a connection while my ISP watches the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cost of setting up a network
    ... A router capable of acting as a VPN endpoint for more than one user simultaneously with four Ethernet ports or a switch to suit. ... The rationale for using a server here is basically that the router doesn't need to be able to decide which PC to route the connection to. ... If you are using a router which supports it, you can set up a port-forwarding inbound rule which also _translates_ the port supplied to the receiving port. ... You can use several of these connections to different machines simultaneously. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... this point I panicked and shutdown the VNC service ASAP. ... My question is how the attacker got to my VNC port! ... the internet through the router. ... client connection using local port number 5900 (which was also being ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft urging users to buy Harware Firewalls
    ... connections between multiple computers. ... A Linksys NAT router box is selling for only $40 at Amazon ... Besides protecting against the MSBlaster worm, a hardware ... Then the user finds about port forwarding, and as soon as the user ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: RWW ON SBS 2K3 NOT WORKING
    ... Will try a new router. ... The CEICW should setup IIS and ISA properly for RWW. ... The port closing wasn't intended to be part of the resolution to your ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)