Re: Log in question

From: Tony Lawrence (foo_at_pcunix.com)
Date: 07/22/05

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:03:00 -0400

lissy6098 wrote:
> I am trying to research how to change the settings for all users when
> they log into their machine, I just need some ideas or suggestions on
> where to go to look, or how to go about doing this. Thanks,
> Elise

Although your question is quite vague (doesn't even mention an OS!), one
or both of /etc/profile or /etc/csh.login is probably what you want,
though it's entirely possible that you have something else in mind and
want to look at things like rc files for specific programs or
permissions on files or kernel variables etc. Who knows? I'm just
guessing..

Maybe http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/startup.html and
http://aplawrence.com/Detective/shbash.html might be of interest..

--