Re: Log in question

From: I am a Sock Puppet (strap_at_hanh-ct.org)
Date: 07/22/05

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:52:57 -0400

lissy6098 wrote:
> I am trying to research how to change the settings for all users when
> they log into their machine, I just need some ideas or suggestions on
> where to go to look, or how to go about doing this. Thanks,
> Elise

Um, for starters, mind telling us what OS they are going to be logging
into? If the answer is some variety of Windoze, is there a domain
invloved? If so, just use group policies - that is what they are for!

--
DO NOT REPLY TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS
IN THE HEADERS OF THIS POST.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Admin problem(s)! please help!!
    ... > If you're not using NTFS as your file system, ... > To apply group policies to all users but the Administrator: ... > allows you to apply a vast number of the group policy settings, ... I've done this via control panel, ...
  • Re: How safe is dcgpofix.exe?
    ... When you refer to "security settings" being changed, ... changes made to the actual Default Domain and Default Domain Controllers ... had its Default Domain and Default Domain Controllers group policies get ...
  • Re: A small Gp issue
    ... The settings that are not undoing themselves when they move out ... of scope of the GPO are probably preferences that are applied by your ADM. ... A policy will be applied in the registry under ... These are 'proper' group policies and the settings ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Machine policy registry keys
    ... Group policies should internally set those registry keys after the final set of policies is determined, but again, you are throwing away the nice multiple policy resolution work that GPO can do by going straight to the registry keys. ... I have used an Administrative Template to configure screensavers settings and this works fine except on some PC's. ... On the PC's where it does not work I do see the correct settings in Desktop -> Screensaver settings but these settings are not the one applied. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Reply To settings - was - Re: Debian 7.5 amd64 xfce GUI shutdown and restart do not work
    ... Bret Busby wrote: ... default to replying to you only; a user needs to use the Reply To All ... below are the relevant non-default settings i chose for the role. ... Headers" option. ...
    (Debian-User)