Re: [OT] Spyware is coming on your PC

From: Cerian Knight (cerian_at_comcast)
Date: 07/18/05

    Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:30:51 -0500

    Andreas Kohlbach <ankman@email.com> gyrated his joystick in a pattern
    that spelled out:

    <snip>
    >> I just got done manually cleaning an infestation of exe and dll files
    >> from our work internet access terminal. They were located in root,
    >> Temp, Program Files, System, etc.
    >
    > If people would stop being Admin there would be less problems.
    >
    > Malware in Temp is not a problem.

    Forgot to mention...Our IT department installed 98se for the internet
    computer. Not very responsible, IMHO. I just use the system, but refuse to
    use it when it has been compromised. Having no patience, I clean it myself
    before use. ALL of the above locations had nosey EXEs running and intalled
    in reg run keys, even in TEMP.

    There are about 15 people who use the system, so no telling who has been
    surfing on the fringe. Funny thing is that users have a choice of Firefox
    and IE. Personally, I use Firefox for everything except the sites that I
    know it does not work properly with. ;(

    This is all irrelevant anyway. Well, at least according to this:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20050713/index.html