Re: two attempted break-ins from Hong Kong & Italy

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.lan)
Date: 07/05/05

    Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:52:18 GMT

    In article <1120574563.197809.108590@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    yarmfelder@yahoo.com says...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to announce two attempted but failed
    > break-in attempts to a computer that I have locally.
    [snip]
    > I shall certainly be reporting this to the appropriate
    > authorities :)

    I hate to tell you this, but you've offered nothing that indicates they
    tried to "break-in" to your computer. Many of us have a number of IP's
    that are scanned hourly (or faster) and consider it part of the
    background chatter, increases some days, decreases others, but it's
    always there.

    If you were smart, you would have your computer/network protected by a
    border device so that they can't reach your computer. You would also
    have a block list setup so that most IP's outside your own country are
    blocked from inbound access to your network.

    spamfree999@rrohio.com
    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    • Re: two attempted break-ins from Hong Kong & Italy
      ... > break-in attempts to a computer that I have locally. ... background chatter, increases some days, decreases others, but it's ... border device so that they can't reach your computer. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: two attempted break-ins from Hong Kong & Italy
      ... > break-in attempts to a computer that I have locally. ... background chatter, increases some days, decreases others, but it's ... border device so that they can't reach your computer. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)