Looking for a cheap DNS appliance

From: Oliver Habegger (oh_at_cpugs.org)
Date: 07/05/05

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:52:32 +0200

Dear news group

I am looking for a small, cheap DNS appliance
which should act as the primary DNS for a small
DMZ network with 2 active stations.

Anyone having a good hint what product could do
the job?

I do want to "create" it myself with BIND and also
the Windows DNS server is not option.

TIA, Oliver

  • Re: Dynamic Forward Lookup Zone
    ... I can assure you that the Primary DNS ... >> Windows 2000 Server, and the other is running on NetWare 6.5. ... Which zone will it register into? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Get connection but browsers wouldnt work
    ... IV> Secondary DNS: ... IV> DHCP Server: ... IV> Primary DNS: ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Dynamic Forward Lookup Zone
    ... I can assure you that the Primary DNS ... > defeats the whole purpose of DHCP. ... > Windows 2000 Server, and the other is running on NetWare 6.5. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Userenv error EventID: 1000
    ... The FTP server was a DNS server with 2 NICs. ... Primary DNS on private NIC needed to point to DC DNS. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Userenv error EventID: 1000
    ... The FTP server was a DNS server with 2 NICs. ... Primary DNS on private NIC needed to point to DC DNS. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)