Strange happenings when searching on Google

From: aorrock (mikedfranklin_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/30/05

    Date: 30 Jun 2005 11:20:22 -0700

    Hi,

    I've got a problem that I've tried to look everywhere for the answer
    to.

    I've run Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot and AVG Free Edition and every so often AVG
    brings up a Downloader Trojan. Ad-Aware and Spy-Bot find nothing.

    What's happening is certain keywords when typed into Google bring up a
    pop up page relevant to the keyword and also change the main google
    search page to get rid of the Ads on the right and add in a link at the
    very top of the page. E.g. mp3 sticks www.itunes.com at the top of the
    page.

    Has anyone come across this? How can I get rid of it.

    Mike