Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?

From: Mark McIntyre (markmcintyre_at_spamcop.net)
Date: 06/15/05

    Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:38:58 GMT

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:55:15 GMT, Adrian <toomany2cvs@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net) gurgled happily, sounding
    >much like they were saying :
    >
    >>| If one does not use IE6 nor OE, are the differences relevant?
    >
    >> WinXP SP2 containe IE/OE SP2. There is no IE/OE SP2 for earlier MS
    >> Operting Systems.
    >>
    >> Since the HTML capabilities of the OS are tied to IE then the fact
    >> that you do not directly use IE or OE still means that that the HTML
    >> vulnerabilities remain.
    >
    >Only if you use IE. Other browsers, which completely ignore IE, are
    >available.

    No. Many apps will and do use the IE rendering engine to interpret
    html. And not just MS apps, but many 3rd party ones.

    • Re: Windows app or ASP.NET ?
      ... It's also something that's not requried in Windows Forms apps - which is the ... or DreamWeaver to write all of your HTML for you. ... several such graphics to work well together to make the page look ...
    • Re: Droid X
      ... can get apps, it does also help ensure that no malware can get loaded. ... by definition, "social networking devices". ... crummy the email client was with non-Exchange email. ... (Why MS built a seperate, inferior, HTML ...
      (alt.cellular.verizon)
    • Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?
      ... And not just MS apps, ... And what HTML is it that those apps are rendering? ... If they are rendering remote HTML from random sites on the 'net, ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?
      ... And not just MS apps, ... And what HTML is it that those apps are rendering? ... If they are rendering remote HTML from random sites on the 'net, ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: how to submit form data from non asp.net page to asp.net page
      ... apps. ... programmer helping programmers. ... the form fields and email the user the field name + value. ... be able to author the forms page itself using plain html. ...