Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?

From: Dale Richards (dale_at_spamtrap.dalerichards.co.uk)
Date: 06/15/05

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:09:17 GMT

Adrian wrote:
> David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net) gurgled happily, sounding
> much like they were saying :
>

>>| If one does not use IE6 nor OE, are the differences relevant?
>

>>WinXP SP2 containe IE/OE SP2. There is no IE/OE SP2 for earlier MS
>>Operting Systems.
>>
>>Since the HTML capabilities of the OS are tied to IE then the fact
>>that you do not directly use IE or OE still means that that the HTML
>>vulnerabilities remain.
>

> Only if you use IE...

...or any other application that uses the IE HTML rendering engine. Such
programs are much more common than you seem to realise.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?
    ... > much like they were saying: ... >>| If one does not use IE6 nor OE, ... >>that you do not directly use IE or OE still means that that the HTML ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: IE compatible way of forcing footer to bottom of page?
    ... although it validates, it's invalid, and future standards-compliant ... The argument about future standards compliant browsers is hard to ... add something for IE in a conditional in the body of the html. ... chose to add a clearing div for IE6 in a conditional comment. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: FF: anchor links not working..
    ... On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, David E. Ross quoted me saying: ... The name attribute for the anchor is not deprecated in the HTML 4.01 ... HTML spec not only allows it, but positively encourages it at that ... with current browsers it isn't necessary - a useful side-effect is ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • Re: Template or model for menuing
    ... The will be seen by IE7 because of the conditional comments, and all non-IE browsers who correctly parse away the comments. ... This is of course invalid HTML but who cares, we are throwing it only at IE6 and below and they seem quite happy with it. ... Visibility of the table is controlled by .nav li:hover table. ...