Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 06/15/05

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:04:14 GMT

From: "Adrian" <toomany2cvs@gmail.com>

| Only if you use IE. Other browsers, which completely ignore IE, are
| available.

No. Not really. Say for example you have a .URL shortcut in a folder and you click on it.
The OS will do a file preview of that URL. It won't be an alternate browser it will be the
IE HTML rendering components that will show the web site in the preview.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?
    ... Other browsers, which completely ignore IE, are ... Say for example you have a .URL shortcut in a folder and you click on it. ... IE HTML rendering components that will show the web site in the preview. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Browser support was Re: New Group for DesignBAIS
    ... I, as the customer, have selected tools & standards ... > JavaScript, recognizing that a web graphic designer is more likely to ... >> as many browsers as possible has been the best approach. ... easy to navigate web site that presents useful ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: OT-- do I really need to upgrade my IE 6.0??
    ... If you really find IE6 better than current browsers, I would respectfully question your knowledge in that field. ... Sites will still open, and in many cases will look fine, but in others, float drop, the 3 pixel jog, and other "fun" assorted problems caused by the lack of support for the box model will cause problems. ... Client uses Amazon.com web site and a local public library web site. ... Microsoft actually has the chutzpah to publish a list of hundreds of web sites known to be incompatible with IE 8. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: OT-- do I really need to upgrade my IE 6.0??
    ... If you really find IE6 better than current browsers, I would respectfully question your knowledge in that field. ... Sites will still open, and in many cases will look fine, but in others, float drop, the 3 pixel jog, and other "fun" assorted problems caused by the lack of support for the box model will cause problems. ... Client uses Amazon.com web site and a local public library web site. ... Either because my client did not do it right or because "Compatibility View" is not truly IE 8 compatible, Amazon.com still could not be accessed. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Using Publisher 2007 to Create a Web Site
    ... I bit the bullet and got MS Expression Web, ... You're absolutely right when you mention that many people use browsers ... For the past few years I used a Web site creation program, ... that worked well....until I installed IE7. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)