Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?

From: John Hyde (EJHyd_at_netscape.net)
Date: 06/15/05

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:22:18 -0700

On 6/14/2005 2:35 PM, Mark McIntyre wrote:
> On 14 Jun 2005 20:03:56 GMT, roberson@ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter
> Roberson) wrote:
>

>>I was running SP2 but there was something that wasn't working that
>>did work under SP1 that I installed on a different partition. If
>>one cannot effectively run one's system with SP2 but can with SP1,
>>then is it truly "good security practice" to upgrade to the version
>>that is functionally unusable under the local circumstances?
>

> I believe that its generally accepted as better practice to diagnose
> and resolve the problem, than avoid it by removing security.
>
> "Since I fitted locks to my house, I often can't get in when I'm
> drunk."
> "Why not just take the locks back off then?"
> "Problem solved"

SOrry officer, I couldn't get out the door, I had to use Windows . . .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?
    ... On 6/14/2005 2:35 PM, Mark McIntyre wrote: ... > Roberson) wrote: ... >>I was running SP2 but there was something that wasn't working that ... >>did work under SP1 that I installed on a different partition. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?
    ... Mark McIntyre wrote: ... > Roberson) wrote: ... >>I was running SP2 but there was something that wasn't working that ... >>did work under SP1 that I installed on a different partition. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?
    ... Mark McIntyre wrote: ... > Roberson) wrote: ... >>I was running SP2 but there was something that wasn't working that ... >>did work under SP1 that I installed on a different partition. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Do I block access from svchost to DHCP?
    ... :>I was running SP2 but there was something that wasn't working that ... :>one cannot effectively run one's system with SP2 but can with SP1, ... :>then is it truly "good security practice" to upgrade to the version ... I don't have *time* to debug any substantial XP problem. ...
    (comp.security.misc)