Re: MSAS - "NS Keylogger Personsal Monitor (Key Logger)" Detected?!

From: Jim Jones (jjones_at_devnull.yahoo.com)
Date: 05/02/05

Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 01:34:30 GMT

I assume that some virus/trojan has not infect unins000.

Spywareblaster is a product that competes with their anti spyware
software. They probably want you to remove spywareblaster and use their
product instead to help strengthen their monopoly power. The best
solution is to repace your operating system with one from a different
company.

Jim wrote:
> Anyone else getting this message from Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta1? (yeah,
> it's misspelled "Personsal", not "Personal", just as in my title). Just got
> this for the first time this morning. Far as I can tell, didn't do anything
> different in past 24 hrs that would account for this. I'm wondering if an
> MSAS update perhaps is creating a false positive, since the file it
> complains about is:
>
> c:\program files\spywareblaster\unins000.exe
>
> SpywareBlaster uninstall program?!
>
> TIA
>
> Jim

Relevant Pages

  • Re: unwanted site
    ... >> "You might want to consider installing the SpywareBlaster" ... > "Jim Byrd" wrote in message ...
  • Re: Spyware question - is this a scam?
    ... > Thanks, I'll check it out, and CWShredder too. ... > | Hi Jim, you could add spywareblaster in your list. ... > escribió en el mensaje ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: So f’n sick of viruses from just surfing the web!
    ... Anti spyware. ... Spywareblaster and AVG help with the viruses from the internet. ... I ran with NO protection for years without incident (have been online ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)