Re: Spyware/Virus Infestation

From: Mike (wxyz09_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/06/05

    Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 06:10:33 GMT

    Do you know of an online virus scan site that'll work with Firefox browser?

    Mike

    "Gerald Vogt" <vogt@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    >> Suggestions and methods to clean up this mess and to keep it clean are
    >> most
    >> welcome. Does the XP Firewall have a DMZ for game playing? Is there a
    >> site
    >
    > Sorry, but the only reasonable thing in this situation seems to be a
    > complete reformat and fresh installation from CD. If the computer is well
    > infested it will be impossible to find and fix everything. Usually
    > backdoors of one malware will be quickly exploited by other malware and so
    > on. Each malware digs into system to make sure it is not easily removed.
    > The some of many malware just makes it more or less impossible to fix
    > that. So IMHO unless you are a malware-removal-pro I would say that once
    > you have 10+ malware programs on your computer you have a close to 0%
    > probability to get everything removed...
    >
    > Regarding the XP firewall, you don't need a DMZ as you are connected to
    > the net anyway. You have to open the ports of the application that
    > requires to listen to the internet. That's should be it. Anything else
    > security-wise afterwards depends on how secure and safe the running
    > software is. I suppose there are many game servers applications out there
    > that silently implement back doors...
    >
    > Gerald

    • Re: event viewer. error 7026
      ... My system is very clean and all is well. ... because you are booting Safe Mode without networking and the message ... The issue is usually a malware infection. ... It is easy to fix - after the scans run clean. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Restore Defaults Grayed Out in Advanced Tab
      ... >> before it can then clean up others. ... >> Prevents malware Active X installs. ... >> there being a fix, but I cannot for the life of me find it. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
    • Re: How would you fix a badly infected PC?
      ... it's your job to fix it. ... Is there any way to clean the machine without loading any new software ... software woud you use to clean the infected drive? ... after backing up any data files - these will need AV and malware ...
      (alt.comp.anti-virus)
    • Re: Spyware/Virus Infestation
      ... >> Suggestions and methods to clean up this mess and to keep it clean are ... Does the XP Firewall have a DMZ for game playing? ... > infested it will be impossible to find and fix everything. ... > backdoors of one malware will be quickly exploited by other malware and so ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: about:blank
      ... cleaning, a re-install of the OS may often be a better choice than cleaning. ... If you want to try and clean your machine, then read ALL of this carefully ... Before you try to remove spyware using any of the programs below, download ... The process of removing certain malware may kill your internet connection. ...