Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?

From: Roger Wilco (yesman_at_yourservice.invalid)
Date: 02/21/05

    Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:11:36 -0500

    "Lars-Erik ěsterud" <.@.> wrote in message
    news:pSlSd.2863$Mw3.1998@amstwist00...
    > ROBERT S AMP BA Drake skrev:
    >
    > > I'll add that a firewall doesn't totally protect you - raises the
    bar a
    > > little higher and makes it harder for the perpetrator.
    >
    > Of course not. But if you are awake you CAN do without anything. I
    > have never gotten any virus on my computer because I never run risky
    > programs.

    [snip]

    The thing about viruses is that they can make any program "risky".

    Not running "risky" programs will help you to avoid trojans and some
    worms that arrive as programs, and scanning these program files will
    usually identify them if known to the scanner. A virus can be inside a
    program (or document) that you have trusted for years.

    • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
      ... >> little higher and makes it harder for the perpetrator. ... > have never gotten any virus on my computer because I never run risky ... The thing about viruses is that they can make any program "risky". ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
      ... >> little higher and makes it harder for the perpetrator. ... > have never gotten any virus on my computer because I never run risky ... The thing about viruses is that they can make any program "risky". ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Need FAT partition for exchange FreeBSD <-> Windows XP
      ... procedure is risky. ... If I re-install Windows I most likely won't be able to ... boot FreeBSD any more. ... Chuck Norris and Mr.T walked into a bar. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)