Re: Internet Firewall FAQ in Dutch

bishop_at_speakeasy.net
Date: 02/11/05

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:12:09 -0600

In alt.computer.security Jim Watt <jimwatt@aol.no_way> wrote:
> >I have personally been an ardent spamfighter since the mid 90's.
>
> Ah a newcomer to computers.

Nope. I've been using these things a lot longer than that. Apparently
reading comprehension is not your strong point.

> >I know what the stuff is, and what it is not.
>
> Clearly you don't.
>
> `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone,
> `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'
>
> `The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so
> many different things.'

If you insist on making up new meanings for words that are at odds with
the accepted definitions, you will continue to have difficulty communicating
effectively with others.

-Ed

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internet Firewall FAQ in Dutch
    ... In alt.computer.security Jim Watt wrote: ... > Ah a newcomer to computers. ... reading comprehension is not your strong point. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Internet Firewall FAQ in Dutch
    ... In alt.computer.security Jim Watt wrote: ... > Ah a newcomer to computers. ... reading comprehension is not your strong point. ...
    (comp.security.unix)