Re: AVG disappearing (closing) just before scan end!

From: charlie R (welpctSKIPME_at_psci.net)
Date: 02/08/05

Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 23:04:03 -0500

"MH" <joe@bloggs.com> wrote in message
news:cu8l8v$10g$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> No problems on XP SP2
>

> <see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid> wrote in message
> >I just noticed AVG7Free hasn't been logging the test results for a
couple
> > weeks, even though I've been using it regularly for "shell
extension"
> > tests, and at least 2 "selected areas" tests.
> > Also, today I ran a complete and a selected area test, and when I
came
> > back to see if it was done, there were no results and AVG had just
closed
> > itself. I tried it again, and the same thing happened.
> >
> > I'm running W95OSR2 on an old P133 laptop with only 40MB RAM, but
it's
> > always worked before - although the newer version has definitely
worked
> > worse than v6 Free. It also crashes after completing shell
extension
> > initiated tests every time and has since "upgrade".
> > If there is any way to use the v6 with current virus database
updates, no
> > matter how convoluted, please tell me.
> >
> > So anybody have any idea what is going on the closing and not
logging?

I don't know what's going on with your computers, but I'd do an online
Virus scan first thing. Once sure the computer is clean of viruses,
scan with Spybot S&D and Adaware and A2 or some other antitrojan app.
Then I'd download an AV that is lighter on the system resources and
scan again. I hope you've got a Firewall. Oh, and I'd do all the
scanning in SafeMode, just to be sure. Good luck.
charlie R

Relevant Pages

  • Implementing DLL
    ... The problem is an implementation of a extension for the Active Directory ... Only the Computers Object is to be extended. ... Assembl ... Rufen Sie die LoaderExceptions-Eigenschaft ab, ...
  • Re: Excel 2007 - File Open and Repair
    ... PS non of these computers has received the install yet for the sp2 packages. ... system to generate the extension. ... Excel 2007 - File Open and Repair ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs)
  • Re: Large files being written to c:winnt emp
    ... extension on them (make sure that extensions of known file types is ... >done near these time periods. ... >automatic downloads of the windows updates but even then ... Of 25 computers on a network, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Dumb question of the day
    ... extension, owner, file size, etc out there that I could use??? ... $xl = New-Object -c excel.application ... # you will need a list of computers, ... foreach ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: AVG disappearing (closing) just before scan end!
    ... > No problems on XP SP2 ... >> Also, today I ran a complete and a selected area test, and when I ... I don't know what's going on with your computers, ...
    (alt.computer.security)