Re: Windows XP: Trying to make a ISC

From: Walter Roberson (roberson_at_ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: 01/25/05

    Date: 25 Jan 2005 22:38:28 GMT

    In article <1106687978.083943.118440@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    ibzi <i82i@hotmail.com> wrote:
    :Windows XP: Trying to make a ISC

    :I wanna activate UPnP services but when i try to activate it it says
    :that the SSDP Discovery service must be on first. When i try to start
    :the SSDP Discovery service it says "Service Started and then stopped
    :because it has no work to do" how do i fix this?

    Set the SSDP service to 'automatic'; Log On should probably be
    'NT AUTHORITY\LocalService'. SSDP will then wake up when something
    is requested of it.

    --
       Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston pie.
       A bird can't whistle and neither can I.  -- Pooh