Re: Yet another reason to hate Yahoo

From: James H. Hood (jhhoodDIESPAMMERDIE_at_urdirect.net)
Date: 12/24/04

Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:58:30 -0600

Neal <neal413@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:opsjg5k9au6v6656@news.individual.net...
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:43:02 GMT, Leythos <void@nowhere.lan> wrote:
>
> > They don't have to give it up and I would never suggest it, but when you
> > are in a country you need to learn the language and use it when
> > conversing with the people in that country. Care to diverge from the
> > idea that people should speak dominate language in the country they are
> > in?
>
> Well, I'll just say that you better brush up on your Spanish, my man,
> because unless you can stop the wind that may be the outcome.

Not going to happen. A century-and-a-half of experience in the Southwest
has solidly proven that in the overwhelming number of cases, the
grandchildren of the immigrants are monolingual English speakers.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Intellect, Ignorance and Immigration
    ... To live in the Borderlands means knowing ... we will not be sending 11 million illegal immigrants back to ... they might get away with in their own country. ...
    (rec.arts.poems)
  • Re: Rising Above The Gathering Storm: Energizing and Employing America for a Brighter Economic Futur
    ... Kamal also likes the view that only immigrants to the US have brains. ... Did you not have slaves in India at one time? ... with the invigter and that way you will be able to keep your country to yourself. ... Labor reform, which would have allowed easier hiring and firing of workers, has stalled, as have plans to lift limits on foreign direct investment in banking and insurance [read: ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: Humour: Texan Quotes
    ... As to the greedy companies that intentionally employ "illegals," I say ... higher prices on goods if illegal immigrants were not used. ... you would too complain when lettuce cost you $5 a head instead of ... The future of the country is in the successful ...
    (rec.arts.dance)
  • Re: Bayan USA???
    ... It brings rot and decay to a country, ... These ILLEGALS ... If any one person deserves credit, organizers say, it's a man who ... who help illegal immigrants and build a 700-mile fence along the ...
    (soc.culture.filipino)
  • Re: 70 million is too many...
    ... that I don't want immigrants here - which could be read to mean that I ... them have come into the country with the specific aim of 'attacking ... It seems that the muslims who choose to create ghettos ... Speaking of Bolton Mosques - you might find this interesting... ...
    (uk.legal)