Re: Wi-Fi Hacker Sentenced To Nine Years (GOOD!)

From: Hk Hhmt (huckleberryhoshimoto_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 12/20/04

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:24:06 GMT

After 9 years of dancing with Buba every night, maybe they'll end up working
for a living instead of ripping off others and trashing their credit!

"ToYKillAS" <vmlinuz@tuxfamily.org> wrote in message
>A 21-year-old Michigan man was sentenced Wednesday to nine years in prison
>for breaking into the network of home improvement retailer Lowe's, the
>longest jail term ever handed out in the U.S. for hacking.
>
> rian Salcedo pleaded guilty in August to various charges, including
> conspiracy and fraud, stemming from a 2003 incident in which he and two
> others were caught hacking into an unsecured Wi-Fi access point from the
> parking lot of a Lowe's in suburban Detroit. They then accessed Lowe's
> national computer system -- which is based in North Wilkesboro, N.C. --
> and installed a program to hijack credit card information.
>
> The FBI arrested Salcedo, Adam Botbyl, 21, and Paul Timmins, 23, after
> staking out the parking lot and noticing a car with suspicious-looking
> antennas.
>
> *Source* [ http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/117544/ ]
>
> --
> Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
> I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
> your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Warning to rec.boats
    ... Maybe you should give credit when you plagiarize. ... Harry's aversion to URLs is intended to hide the source of his ... the URLs or the military's involvement in trashing the environment. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: OT: Has the F15 ever crashed from "mechanical failure"?
    ... parking lot, of the friggin Highway Patrol headquarters! ... Credit where credit is due - LMAO! ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)