OT can't read posting.

From: \ (dvader_at_deathstar.mil)
Date: 11/25/04

Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:36:21 -0500

For some reason, the postings from "andy smart" are not being rendered in my
news reader (OE 6). The body is blank and there are two attachments,
"ATT00055.txt" and "signature.asc." The .txt file contains the message and the
.asc file contains a PGP signature. I don't have any form of PGP installed, but
I have never had any problem reading PGP encoded postings before. Do you have
any idea what is going on?

crash@gpick.com?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
http://lists.gpick.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Not just the 39 catalog, but all of em.
    ... >>trust your postings, I really don't like opening attachments from ... Not here, they're gobbledygook with all the PGP stuff, I ... IF he wants everybody to see his posts he'll post in text as ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: OT: graphics in newsgroups
    ... attachments, that would be about 1Mb of data. ... You may only read a few newsgroup postings but an ISP may be storing posts for 60,000+ newsgroups. ... ISPs who still have news servers are spending fortunes attempting to keep pace with the exponential growth of newsgroup postings. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Whats the go with pgp?
    ... "Tony Lawrence" writes: ... ]> Can anyone point me to a decent explanation of all the pgp stuff ... ]> that i see in some newsgroup postings? ... Encrypting you know about and is pretty useless for a newsnet ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: My Message To Mr. John Eddy
    ... the members exceed the limitations ... participating in the Group due to the limitations on the size of postings; ... attachments, but the OE Stationery Newsgroup seldom uses attachments. ... I even refer to myself as "Neophyte;" which I am. :-) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress.stationery)
  • Re: My Message To Mr. John Eddy
    ... In response to the Adriana and Robbie postings relative to the issue of loss of members and the possible demise of this NG, ... technical questions relative to use of computers and Microsoft operating systems platforms. ... were being introduced into some News Groups via attachments, but the OE Stationery Newsgroup seldom uses attachments. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress.stationery)