Re: DES and 3DES

From: Mxsmanic (
Date: 11/03/04

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:40:29 +0100

postminimalist writes:

> not that 3DES and AES are much better. silly newbs think consumer-grade
> ciphers are secure.

3DES and AES are not "consumer-grade" ciphers, and they are secure.

  • Re: A new public key algorithm based on avalanche properties
    ... > demanding of the evidence or arguments I produce in favour of where I ... I've gotten some good responses here, but Tom didn't like it. ... "designing ciphers by a hobbyist is a really bad ... Secure encryption should be like an off-the-shelf electronic part. ...
  • Re: My little something...
    ... Its more unlikely that attack on 1024 ECC to subvert it to weaker than ... More secure ofcourse. ... Dont give BS about two cascading ciphers not neccessarely being more ... 10101 as hash. ...
  • Re: My little something...
    ... On the countrary, if two ciphers are cascaded and 1 of them fails, the second one still keeps the encryption secure. ... When larger salt is used, the probability of getting same salt twice is less and less likely. ... I cant find any, can you? ...
  • Re: GOST key gen?
    ... enormous number of TLS/SSL transactions that are over 32GB in size, ... I'm not saying people should use 64-bit ciphers. ... restrictive constraints it is reasonably secure, but when time is taken to ... but not for the reasons you're stating here. ...
  • Re: Tiny block ciphers for embedded systems
    ... such ciphers. ... should be easy enough to implement and secure enough for casual use. ... sensor node) data. ... "brain" and then sent to the base station. ...